Sunday, April 20, 2014

Glass "One-Day Sale" and The Future

So, for those who don't know, Google Glass went on sale on the 15th for the usual $1500 but for anyone in the United States. I didn't think much of it. Google was probably testing something or seeing how many people were still left willing to buy Glass. They all sold out and now I'm left to think, "What exactly were their intentions?" The only negative thing I could think of them doing is selling off the v2 Glass to make way for the new v3. Which made me think more... there isn't a v3... is there?

Let me explain something, I love Glass the way it is now.
Yes, you look weird if you don't have glasses or sunglasses but I hate wearing glasses and I only wear sunglasses when I have to. I like only having a little box on one side and I enjoy not having to have frames for glasses because it makes me feel like I'm wearing Google Glass. I like that feeling.

So let me go back. v3 of Google Glass. I snooped around the internet until I saw a surprisingly unpopular video from T3 of Ray-Bans Google Glass concept.

Then it hit me... Glass is coming to an end. I completely understand how innovation works blah blah blah. But look at what I'm saying, The weird Google Glass with the giant battery at the end and the glass prism and the camera... that's all ending.

Sure, maybe I don't like change. But if I wanted wayfarers with the magic of the internet... wait, maybe that is what I want... but I don't want to wear glasses. So what is Google going to do for me? And what of the $1500 that all new explorers just dropped on v2?

There are so many questions and so few answers. Check out the video below for the Ray-Ban concept. I don't know how I feel... but I'll tell you this, I don't dig the yellow. (Also I don't understand how you get a prism into a thin glasses lens.)



Sorry this was a pretty poorly written article... I really can't wrap my head around all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment